AcceleratorYYC and The Launch Pad
Meeting Space Rental Agreement
ROOM RENTAL AGREEMENT - TERMS & CONDITIONS
AcceleratorYYC and The Launch Pad will rent rooms only to individuals or groups who comply with the Room Rental Policy and this agreement. This Agreement between EVENT SPACE USER (hereinafter referred to as Renter) and AcceleratorYYC and The Launch Pad (hereinafter referred to as AccYYC) defines the terms and conditions for all room rentals.
The following terms and conditions apply to all room rentals:
1. Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis, no more than 90 days in advance.
2. The rooms are available for use during/after open hours of operation. Set up and cleanup is the Renter’s responsibility and must be completed during the rental period.
3. The Room Rental Agreement form must be completed and signed a minimum of 72 hours in advance of the event. Some exceptions may apply.
4. Payment for the room rentals and deposit are accepted online through credit card or email transfer upon confirmation of space availability, unless other arrangements have been made with the Director of AcceleratorYYC. Rental fees are non-refundable and subject to change.
5. If you would like to pay by cheque, there is an $20 administration fee and if the cheque is NSF and/or returned cheques are subject to an additional $35 administration fee.
6. Applications will be considered for both occasional and periodic use as long as such use does not restrict the freedom of AccYYC in planning and scheduling its own activities.
7. A minimum of forty-eight (72) hours’ notice is necessary for cancellation of a booking, or a refund will not be possible, and the rental fee will be charged. To cancel a room reservation, email email@example.com.
8. An event reservation, though confirmed, may be cancelled by the AccYYC due to the prior booking of an event, foul weather, and natural disasters. A full refund will be made in such circumstances.
9. Users under twenty-one years of age must have the Rental Agreement signed by a sponsoring adult, who must be present for the meeting and accept responsibility for the minor participants, and any damage done to the room.
10. The Renter is responsible for arranging furnishings (tables and chairs) according to their requirements, and returning the room to its original configuration. Failure to do so will result in an additional fee of $350 for which the Renter will be held responsible.
11. The Event Space must be left in proper order with all paper, trash, etc. disposed of in trash receptacles. A clean up fee will be charged if warranted, as assessed by Director of AcceleratorYYC.
13. The Renter is responsible for any and all damage to the facilities and/or contents and fixtures. All damage must be reported to AccYYC staff immediately. Renter is expected to cover the cost of all repairs, replacement and extra cleaning required as a result of the rental.
14. Granting permission to use Event space and Boardrooms does not constitute an endorsement by AccYYCof any individual, group or its beliefs/practices.
16. Food and non-alcoholic beverages may be served. Limited access to kitchen facilities may be available if requested at time of booking. Food orders, deliveries and payment are the sole responsibility of the Renter. Catered events may be arranged by the Renter with prior consent of AccYYC.
17. Smoking is prohibited. Alcoholic beverages are only allowed when Renter can produce a copy of an approved Liquor license permit obtained through AGLC, by Renter at Renter’s expense.
18. Use of lighted candles, open flames, and catalytic burners is strictly prohibited.
19. AccYYC reserves the right to have a member of its staff present at each scheduled event.
21. The Renter shall confine all activities, equipment and promotional materials to within the rented space. On the day of the event, notices or flyers announcing the users' event, or use of the room, may be placed on the door of the rented space.
22. AccYYC does not supply technical support for the equipment supplied by the AccYYC or the Renter.
23. Renter and guests must leave the premises on agreed upon time. Failure to do so may result in additional fees for which the Renter will be held responsible.
24. It is understood, AccYYC is in no way responsible for any personal injuries, property damages, lost or stolen items or other liabilities that may be incurred during use of their facility. Renter and their guests agree to release indemnity and hold AccYYC harmless of any such damages.
INSURANCE AND LIABILITY
Commercial Liability Insurance is required for all Renter and Caterers. Established Catering Services may use their license and insurance to cover this. The insurance must, at EVENT SPACE USER sole expense, provide and maintain public liability and personal property damage insurance, insuring AccYYC directors, employees, contractors and members against all bodily injury, property damage, personal injury and other loss arising out of EVENT SPACE USER use and occupancy of the premises, or any other occupant on the premises, including appurtenances to the premises and sidewalks. The insurance required hereunder shall have a single limit liability of not less than $ 2,000,000, and general aggregate liability of not less than $ 2,000,000. If alcohol is to be served please make sure that the policy includes Host Liquor Liability coverage to protect you against alcohol-related accidents, as you are ultimately liable for the safety of your guests. Any caterers and/or outside vendors, companies, and/or institutions MUST provide a copy of their Certificate of Insurance to AccYYC, and will be delivered at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
EVENT SPACE USER agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold AccYYC, its landlord, building owners, officers, employees, and agents harmless of and from any liabilities, costs, penalties, or expenses arising out of and/or resulting from the rental and use of the premises, including but not limited to, the personal guarantee of provision, service, and dispensing of payment by EVENT SPACE USER, its employees, and agents of alcoholic beverages at AccYYC. In the event, AccYYC, its landlord, building owners, officers, employees and/or agents, are required to file any action in court in order to enforce any provisions of this agreement, EVENT SPACE USER agrees to pay AccYYC, its officers, landlord, building owners, employees and/or agents, all reasonable attorney fees, court fees, and costs of suit incurred by the EVENT SPACE USER, AccYYC including all collection expenses and interest due.
CAPACITY EVENT SPACE USER understands that the maximum standing capacity of The Atrium Event space is 15 - 50 people, depending on configuration and will not exceed this limit.